There are a few different checkmarks and icons showing the status of your messages.
|A clock means your message has been sent but has not been recieved by the server.|
|One checkmark means that your message has been sent and has been recieved by the server.|
|Two checkmarks means that your message has been sent, recieved by the server and has been succesfully forwarded to the contact. It does however not mean the message has been read.|
|Two blue checkmarks mean the message has been read.|
If your message keeps showing only one checkmark it can mean the following options:
- Your contact’s phone is turned off or the battery has died
- Your contact’s phone is not connected to the internet
- Your contacts phone has send out a push notification but has not opened Whatsapp. (this is very normal on iPhones)
- Your contact’s free trail period has expired
- Your contact has blocked you.