Chatlogs are not being saved on the Whatsapp servers so Whatsapp does not offer the option to save or transfer your messages to anther phone. However Apple and Android do offer these options.
If you transfer data from one iPhone to another iPhone, Apple offers the option to transfer your information and settings, including your Whatsapp chatlogs to a new device. Follow the instructions listed to make this happen.
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac or PC and open iTunes
- Select your device in iTunes. Click on the “summary” tab and choose Restore
- Click on Restore and Update
- Once finished your device will reboot.
If you want to transfer your chatlogs from an Android phone to another Android phone there are a few steps that you can follow to transfer your files to the new phone.
- Create a reserve copy of your chatlogs on your old phone. Go to Whatsapp, Menu, Settings, Chatsettings, Reserve copy of conversations
- Place your Micro SD card in your new phone
- Install Whatsapp on your new phone
- Press “yes” when being asked to restore chathistory.
At this moment it is not possible to transfer chatlogs on Blackberry, Nokia and Windows operated phones.