To customize your Memories settings, follow the steps below:
- Tap the on the Camera screen.
- Tap .
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Memories.’
- Choose an option! See below for more details on each option.
- Back Up Using Mobile Data: When enabled, Memories will back up the Snaps and Stories you save using mobile data. By default, Memories only backs up over Wi-Fi.
- Pro Tip?: Before you log out of Snapchat, make sure your Memories backup is complete, or else you might lose Snaps you’ve saved! To check on your backup, tap ?. Then tap ‘Back up Snaps’ to make Memories back up.
- Save To…: Tap this setting to choose where Snaps and Stories go when you save them.
- Auto-Save Stories: With Auto-Save Stories enabled, Snaps you post to your Story will also be saved inside one continuous Story in Memories. If you don’t post a new Snap to your Story for over 24 hours, the continuous Story in Memories will end. The next time you post to your Story, a new Story in Memories will be created.
- Save to My Eyes Only by Default: With this setting enabled, Snaps and Stories you save will automatically be moved into My Eyes Only inside Memories.