Add Nearby is perfect for when you meet a group of new friends and want to add them on Snapchat. Next time you’re hanging with friends ? have everyone around you open up Add Nearby at the same time to find each other. If no results appear after a minute, simply tap to search again.
To use Add Nearby, follow these steps:
- Tap ‘Add Friends’.
- Tap ‘Add Nearby’ and select ‘Ok’ to allow Snapchat to use your location for finding nearby Snapchatters.
- Ask a friend to open Add Nearby on their phone.
- Tap the ‘+’ sign next to your friend’s username to add them! If a friend adds you, we’ll let you know!
If you do not recognize a name, it might be a Snapchatter you haven’t met who also has Add Nearby open.
Add Nearby FAQ
How close does someone have to be to find them using Add Nearby?
- Add Nearby is designed to show fellow Snapchatters who are in your immediate vicinity. Add Nearby relies on the GPS location reported by Snapchatters’ devices, so it might not always be totally accurate.
If I do not have Add Nearby open can someone find me?
- No. Add Nearby only works when both Snapchatters have Add Nearby open.
If I blocked an account on Snapchat, can they find me on Add Nearby?
- Nope! Accounts you have blocked cannot see you on Add Nearby, even if you’re in close proximity and both have Add Nearby open.
7 thoughts on “How do I use Add Nearby”
How do I turn Quick add off?
How, do you turn off the Add near by? Please and thank you.
Disable gps location for Snapchat. This will reset/turn off the Add Nearby feature.
Is add nearby for iPhones only because I have an android and my Snapchat is up to date but I can’t find this feature
Me too. I have an android and can’t find this feature
They removed the feature. I just installed it mainly for that. so I deleted it. Maybe they sill grow a brain because Nearly everyone who used it raved about that. I liked tht they only had access to minimal information and your other info you were willing to share.
Guys they removed the feature sadly