Add Nearby is perfect for when you meet a group of new friends and want to add them on Snapchat. Next time you’re hanging with friends ? have everyone around you open up Add Nearby at the same time to find each other. If no results appear after a minute, simply tap to search again.
To use Add Nearby, follow these steps:
- Tap ‘Add Friends’.
- Tap ‘Add Nearby’ and select ‘Ok’ to allow Snapchat to use your location for finding nearby Snapchatters.
- Ask a friend to open Add Nearby on their phone.
- Tap the ‘+’ sign next to your friend’s username to add them! If a friend adds you, we’ll let you know!
If you do not recognize a name, it might be a Snapchatter you haven’t met who also has Add Nearby open.
Add Nearby FAQ
How close does someone have to be to find them using Add Nearby?
- Add Nearby is designed to show fellow Snapchatters who are in your immediate vicinity. Add Nearby relies on the GPS location reported by Snapchatters’ devices, so it might not always be totally accurate.
If I do not have Add Nearby open can someone find me?
- No. Add Nearby only works when both Snapchatters have Add Nearby open.
If I blocked an account on Snapchat, can they find me on Add Nearby?
- Nope! Accounts you have blocked cannot see you on Add Nearby, even if you’re in close proximity and both have Add Nearby open.