When you create a group or are added to a group, it will appear in the Chat screen. Just tap to open a Group Chat! To create a group, just open the Chat screen and tap on the New Chat icon. Then, pick a few friends, and tap ‘Chat.’
Group Chats are a lot like one-on-one Chats, but with some key differences:
- Chats sent in Group Chat are deleted by default after 24 hours.
- When group members open the Group Chat, their name will light up inside a bubble above your keyboard. This lets you know they’re present! Please Note: These colors are randomly selected and cannot be customized.
- Tap on a friend’s name bubble to start a quick Chat. If you tap on someone who isn’t your friend, you’ll see an option to add them.
- Tap or press and hold on a Chat to see who’s read it, saved it, and more.
- When group members open a Snap, their name will appear below it in Chat.
- If you tap to see Bitmojis, Friendmoji will only appear for the person who most recently sent a Chat to the group.
Tap the menu icon in the upper left hand corner to open settings for the Group Chat. You can see who’s in the group, rename the group, mute notifications, add someone to the group, or even leave the group.
If you leave the group, the Snaps and Chats you sent will be cleared from the Group Chat, even if someone saved them in Chat. Also, don’t forget that when you rename the group, group members can see that name too!
Please Note: Snaps sent to a group don’t count for Snapstreaks you have with individual Snapchatters ?
Pro Tip ?: You can change the Friend Emoji that appears next to all of your groups in Snapchat settings > Manage Preferences > Friend Emojis.
Please Note: Video chats and voice calls aren’t available in Group Chat.